Monday, June 19, 2006

that's all folks!

So this is officially my last blog - as I have not done such a good job keeping it up since I've been back from Honduras! (which I must blame on dial-up internet, my computer crashing, and losing my user name and password for a while)

I find myself these days singing in Spanish as I am working - songs like "Yo se que estas aqui" and "Cuando levanto mis manos" - that help make the time go by quicker as well as speak to my heart while I am riding around the golf course. I actually am really enjoying working outside - the guys all allow me to play the "girl card" a lot while I'm working :) but I have also proven to pull my weight and I think they are glad to have me around. Which is good.. Since I'll be around for a while longer. The younger guys I work with all tell me that I am the favorite of the older guys. Haha. Of course I am :) I am cuter! Jk.
It is challenging for me to take the lifestyle I lived in Honduras - living to love and serve others.. To show them Christ's love.. And incorporating it into my daily life here as I do mundane tasks, or at work surrounded by a bunch of.. Well, blue collar workers. (not that that is a bad thing, but they definitely are a different crowd from what I am used to!) I do work hard, as unto the Lord.

As I reflect back on my time in Honduras - those who are closest to my heart are most prominent in my memories... my family in Armenia Bonito, my students from Brassavola, and many good friends... I entrust them to the Lord - knowing that He cares about them even more than I do. It is easy for me to feel helpless, with all the problems that there are - not being able myself to offer solutions as the roots of all the problems spread nationwide - or even global.. And again, I entrust it to the Lord.. knowing what more specifically to pray for as I think about Honduras and many other countries like it.
Life is so different here - and it is easy to get so pinched down with day to day life to forget the larger picture.. That there is a world out there full of hurts and needs, full of passion and energy, full of intelligence and new ideas, full of love yet lacking Love at the same time... It is easy to forget as I am getting up early for work or while brushing my teeth that there is a GOD who is so big, so powerful, so holy.. Who is at work in ME, who is at work in the world, who is at work in the community around me. And my challenge now is to continue to look for Him around me, to join Him where He is working, and to be faithful to that which He places in my path.

My heart remains in Honduras, for what purpose? I do not know.. but I do know that my life will be forever changed because of my experiences - both good and bad - that have proven to open my eyes and teach me so much about people, the world, different cultures, and our Holy Lord who is God over all the Earth!

May you continue to learn and grow in Him - May you follow Him with all your heart, no matter where He leads you, trusting our Heavenly Father with your life, safety, and well being.

a final thought from a great man:
"If Jesus Christ be God, and died for me, then no sacrifice is too great for me to give for Him."

No comments: